ChemSpin is a limited liability company, wholly owned by the Industrial Chemistry Research Institute (ICRI), Warsaw. The company was established by authorization of the Minister of Economy under Art. 17.5 of the law of 30 April 2010 concerning R&D institutes, as amended, with a mission to commercialize research and development findings and results, carry out activities related to technology transfer and dissemination of science and to acquire funding for its statutory activity. The law (Art. 17.6) also provides that the subject of activity of a capital company established by a R&D institute (ChemSpin sp. z o. o) shall be connected with the research and development works which are carried out by the Institute and are referred to in Art. 2.1-3.
ChemSpin is a limited liability company, beneficiary of the SPIN-TECH Program of the National Center for Research and Development (NCRD), which is intended to support the operations of special-purpose entities established by state-owned research units (public universities, research institutes, and scientific institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences) for the commercialization of the results of industrial tests and development works. Since 1 April 2015, Spin-Tech has been working on the project Development of ChemSpin’s efforts to commercialize the results of research and development works originated at ICRI. The project is expected to be completed by 30 September 2016.
As part of its work on the project, ChemSpin has implemented a quality management system compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001.
On 18 November 2015, we were certified according to PN-EN ISO 9001:2009 in the scope of commercialization of research and development work, innovation, advisory and training services connected with the protection of intellectual property, management of inventive designs, contribution, licensing, sale of rights in patents, establishing spin-off companies, evaluation of technologies, writing opinions on innovativeness of solutions.
The Industrial Chemistry Research Institute in Warsaw was established more than 90 years ago, in 1922, in [the formerly Polish city of] Lviv. After so many years, it remains a leader among applied research and development institutes in the area of chemistry and chemical technology. ICRI’s address in ul. Rydygiera 8, Warsaw, has remained the same since 1926. Its accomplishments since World War II include more than 2,000 patents, hundreds of novel solutions relating to technology and equipment, implemented in industry in Poland and other countries.